Home > Cancels, News, Star Dance, Tour > Selena Gomez Cancels Tour of Asia & Australia!

Selena Gomez Cancels Tour of Asia & Australia!

by mega on December 21, 2013

in Cancels, News, Star Dance, Tour

542036_427306360658372_2076733895_n

With heavy hearts we announce the sad news that Selena Gomez has cancelled her 2014 Australian and Asian tour.

Selena was due to tour Australia and Asia in 2014 for the first time, but Live Nation has confirmed that the tour will no longer go ahead.

In a statement Selena said, “My fans are so important to me and I would never want to disappoint them. But it has become clear to me and those close to me that after many years of putting my work first, I need to spend some time on myself in order to be the best person I can be. To my fans, I sincerely apologize and I hope you guys know how much each and every one of you mean to me.”

On interview a few short weeks ago, Selena was very excited to be coming to Australia she did seem extremely emotional – and even she cry.

Selena Gomez Talks About Australia With The Hot Hits

Selena Gomez Cries In An Interview Over Fan Video

Sources close to the former Disney starlet told E! News that Gomez’s choice to cancel the shows is not a cause for concern.

“Selena is OK. She just realized it was time to take a break for herself. She’s been working nonstop for six years. She hit a wall. She wants to spend time with her family, especially for the holidays,” the source told the site.

Selena was spotted on Thursday outside a friend’s home in Los Angeles looking somber after making this tough decision.

“She doesn’t like to say no, but she just reached a point where she needs a minute. She is not having a breakdown,” the insider continued.

“She wants to be the healthiest that she can be and this means taking a little break. But she is fine.”

For Ticketholders who purchased using a credit or debit card over the telephone, website or mobile site, the refund will be processed and no action is required.

Due to the upcoming holidays refunds may not be completed for approximately three weeks.

Those who purchased in person at a Ticketek agency will be contacted with further information or may refer to www.ticketek.com.au

What do you think about this decision, Guys?

no one cares December 21, 2013 at 5:23 pm

how convenient that she would quit music at the same time as Justin.

AULANI December 21, 2013 at 8:08 pm

I KNOW RIGHT. VERY CONVENIENT. UM THEY WON’T EVEN BE IN THE SAME STATE. HE’S GOING TO CANADA. AND SHE’S GOING TO TEXAS.

Brieana December 21, 2013 at 5:48 pm

Selena is not quitting music she’s just talking a break she said that she was exited to come back into music at jingle ball earlier this month after acting.

Brieana December 21, 2013 at 8:23 pm

SELENA IS NOT GOING BACK HOME TO TEXAS HER CAREER ISN’T OVER FOR GOOD SHE’S JUST STRESSED AND TIRED FROM EVERYTHING THAT IS GOING ON HER SELENATOR WILL SEE HER AGAIN IN A LITTLE WHILE I WAS MAD AT FIRST CRYING BUT THEN I REALISED THAT US SELENATORS WILL STILL HAVE HER MUSIC TO LISTEN TO EVERYDAY. AND WHOEVER SAID JUSTIN WAS RETIRING HE’S TAKING A YEAR OFF DOING THE SAME THING OUR IDOL IS DOING GOING TO SPEND TIME WITH HER FAMILY SO PLEASE DON’T BE UPSET SELENATORS WE WILL SEE SELENA AGAIN IN A WHILE. SHE’S NOT GIVING UP MUSIC FOR GOOD SELENA JUST NEEDS TIME OFF OF HER BUSY SCHEDULE TO PUT SOME TIME IN FOR THE FAMILY.

Brieana December 21, 2013 at 8:34 pm

AND SELENATORS SELENA LOVES US….. JUST BECASE SELENA ISN’T GOING TO BE IN THE STUDIO RECORDING MUSIC FOR A WHILE DOESN’T MEAN THAT SHE DOESN’T CARE ABOUT US…… I MEAN THERE WILL BE TIMES THAT SELENA MIGHT CHANGE HER MIND WE FANS KNOW HOW SELENA IS WHEN IT COMES TO DOING SINGING AND ACTING.

James December 21, 2013 at 11:21 pm

Hey what’s up Selena I like that picture had a very Merry Christmas and a new year.

No one cares December 22, 2013 at 1:16 am

Feel sorry for the people who bought tickets to see her borin’ concert. She always have breaks all da time. But why is she canceling her australian tour and Asia. Hmmmm datz not even an excuse to cancel da show.

AULANI December 22, 2013 at 4:54 pm

I HAVE TO AGREE WITH @NO ONE CARES. SHE ALWAYS TALKS ABOUT HOW SHE WANTS HER AUDIENCE TO FEEL TIRED AFTER THE SHOW. YET IT SEEMS KINDA OF BORING.

alee December 22, 2013 at 2:15 am

Good decision. we always give time to ourselves and also our families. families are very important in our lives.

Brieana December 22, 2013 at 2:31 am

Alee are you a selenator??? Do you LOVE SELENA??????

Brieana December 22, 2013 at 2:18 am

@ no one cares, selena is an actress and a singer she goes back and forth everyday from movies to music of course she has a lot of breaks….. selena canceled her show because she never gets to spend time with her family selena works so hard to make us selenators happy…… all selena wants is to have a good holiday…. and first of all selena is not boring second stop assuming that selena is gonna quit music when she’s not……. selena just wants to be the best person she can be….. stop selena just feels like she needs her family because they are important to her just as US fans are.

No one cares December 22, 2013 at 4:16 am

Hmmmm, did I say, she’s gonna quit music oh God!! I never said that. Anyway, how would u feel when u already excited got tickets to see her in concert then da next day,they cancel da damn show? After spending ur money over dis. Btw, she can spend her holiday with her family from December to January. Coz her show was in February here. Then all da selenators here in Australia r damn disappointed..

No one cares December 22, 2013 at 4:21 am

Btw, da person on top wasn’t me, it’s someone who used ma username.

Brieana December 22, 2013 at 8:43 am

@ oh I’m so sorry no one cares, I didn’t know u were an Australian selenator I get how u feel it disappointed but don’t worry selena said she was sorry about anyone she disappointed cause we mean so much to her please don’t be upset I’m sorry that I said you said selena was gonna quit… the next time someone tries to do that to u, u should tell someone before it’s too late… I’m sure for selena’s next album she will tour again……. but for now like I said she has movies. Btw….. did you happen to see Monte Carlo? That was a good movie….. are you a boy selenator? U don’t have to answer the question fully YOU can just say yes or no…… selena loves u we all love u don’t get your hopes up selena will come around again…. when did you become a selenator? I started to support selena against haters in May of this year,it’s the best feeling in the world…… 2014 in April will be a year….. selena made me into a better person…….more than anything selena is my world she means a lot to me…. she makes me smile………. I love u, don’t take it the wrong way you are family.

Brieana December 22, 2013 at 8:46 am

@ no one cares I think selena has a movie coming out in February I’m not sure maybe……

No one cares December 22, 2013 at 12:01 pm

@brieana Yeah, I saw Monte Carlo it was a pretty good movie and I loved it soo much!! Anyway, I’m not selenator, but I love selena. Coz of her music. And no I’m not a boy, I’m a girl. And I’m not upset. Ok. I understand how u feel when someone insults ur fav. Singer. Australian selena fans were excited but then we aren’t anymore. Anyway, no problem.. I will change my name fron no one cares to gomez’s bestie.

Gomez's Bestie December 22, 2013 at 12:04 pm

I changed my name to Gomez’s Bestie.. @brieana

selena is my smile... December 22, 2013 at 12:22 pm

@ Gomez’s bestie thanks. I’m changing my name too from brieana to Selena is my smile.

selena is my smile... December 22, 2013 at 12:24 pm

I changed my name to Selena is my smile….@ gomez’s bestie so no one would mess up my account.

Kalani December 22, 2013 at 8:48 pm

I hope Selena doesn’t dis Justin. Since she always talks about Taylor. Shes such a bitch. Idgf. I love Justin.

Gomez's Bestie December 23, 2013 at 12:08 pm

Kalani plz don’t hate on selena, I used to dislike her too but now I got told hating isn’t cool and now I like her.

AULANI December 24, 2013 at 8:12 pm

HELL NO. I CANT STAND SELENA. WHO IN THERE RIGHT MIND. TALKS ABOUT THERE FRIEND’S EXES AND THEN STICK THERE TONGUE OUT. NO WONDER GUYS DON’T LIKE TAYLOR. SHE CAN’T KEEP GUY. SHE MIGHT AS WELL BE GAY. AND SELENA TO. TURN GAY. AND DATE TAYLOR SWIFT.

selena is my smile... December 22, 2013 at 12:28 pm

@ Gomez’s bestie, last day online I’m gonna take a break and go listen to a bunch of my selena cds, go do some other stuff merry Christmas.

Gomez's Bestie December 23, 2013 at 12:07 pm

Lol me too honey!!

Kalani December 23, 2013 at 5:33 pm

Hell no. If she didnt dis justin so much. Maybe i wouldn’t hate her. Since she always talks about Taylor. Then forget it. She’s a bitch.

selena is my smile... December 24, 2013 at 2:03 am

@ kalani please stop we asked u to stop if you have nothing nice to say about selena don’t say it at all…… Btw I changed my name from brieana to Selena is my smile….. because I don’t want anything to happen to my account…. please stop the hate can’t u be a little nicier to our idol?????? I know u can please??????? Come on baby girl….. and btw I’m straight I’m a belieber too but I just don’t understand why u could be so mean to Selena hating is so cruel….. I understand that you don’t like the way selena was always making fun of justin…. but our idol was just being herself the silly the little Texan girl she always was…. please know that I’m just trying to get my point out about how I feel… cause when u hurt sel it hurts me and the rest of the selenator…. plus I know justin and selena aren’t together anymore but as you might know justin still loves her till this day and he confirmed his love for selena earlier this month….. selena still loves justin and has feelings for him too….. so the hate that you might put on selena still might hurt justin as well so please just understand that all the words u say hurt and it affects others… u don’t have to like selena but please respect her for who she is. Selena sees all the hate and it makes her cry…. selena didn’t do anything wrong to deserve this hate that she gets everyday it really makes me upset when I hear people hating on selena because I care about her like you care about justin bullying and HATING are wrong because it can make someone feel like they don’t belong… it also easily can affect the way you make a person feel so…. please stop… thanks.

AULANI December 24, 2013 at 8:10 pm

OKAY NO. CAN’T STAND HER. SINCE SHE ALWAYS HAVE TO BRING UP TAYLOR SWIFT. SHE MIGHT AS WELL DATE TAYLOR SWIFT. SINCE THEY KNOW A LOT ABOUT EACH OTHER. CLEARLY THERE OBESSED WITH EACH OTHER. AT LEAST VANESSA AND ASHLEY ARE FRIENDS. DO YOU SEE VANESSA TALKING ABOUT ASHLEY ALL THE TIME. NO. ONLY WHEN PEOPLE BRING HER UP. BOTH TALENTED AND AMAZING ACTRESS. NOT ONCE HAVE THEY BASH EACH OTHER EXES. OR SAY ANYTHING NEGATIVE ABOUT EACH OTHER GUYS. THERE CLASSY BUT ELEGANT. ESPECIALLY AT AWARD SHOWS. NOT ONCE HAVE THEY BEEN ASKED ABOUT THERE EXES. OR ASHLEY TISDALE TALKS BAD ABOUT ZAC EFRON. NO. ONLY THAT BITCH TAYLOR DOES. SHE MIGHT AS WELL DATE SELENA GOMEZ.

AULANI December 24, 2013 at 8:16 pm

NO WAY IN HELL AM I GOING STOP BASHING SELENA.

AULANI December 24, 2013 at 8:05 pm

WELL. IF SELENA WOULDN’T ALWAYS TALK ABOUT JUSTIN OR DIS HIM. OR TELL HER FRIENDS ABOUT JUSTIN WHAT HE DID TO HER. THEN MAYBE YEAH I WON’T SAY ANYTHING BAD ABOUT HER. IF SELENA WOULD TELL TAYLOR TO LAY OFF JUSTIN. THEN MAYBE I WON’T BASH SELENA. BUT SINCE SELENA ALWAYS DISSING JUSTIN. SHE CONSTANTLY THROWS STUFF IN HIS FACE. THAT FACT SHE ALWAYS SAY NEGATIVE THINGS ABOUT JUSTIN., WHICH ISNT’ RIGHT., AT FIRST I ADORE SELENA. BUT KNOW THINGS CHANGE AND FORGET IT. SHES A BITCH.

AULANI December 24, 2013 at 8:15 pm

AT FIRST I ADORE SELENA. BUT KNOW FORGET IT. I CAN’T FREAKING STAND HER. SHE KINDA SEEMS STUCK UP SO DOES HER DANCERS. THINK THERE BETTER THEN EVERYONE. SELENA AND TAYLOR KINDA DOES. THEY THINK THERE BETTER EVERYONE ELSE. I CAN’T STAND TAYLOR SWIFT OR SELENA GOMEZ. I WISH THEY WOULD GET TALKED ABOUT.